Monday, September 19, 2005

Dreamin' Light

I've been madly printing photos for an "artbook" of paintings which I'm taking to Arizona on Thursday. I'm really busy this week being a mini desk top publisher, a web person and a painter. The first two hats are in the lead as everything will be completed by Wednesday night. There's a lot that goes into doing a solo exhibition. Fortunately for me, I like doing all the other stuff. An assistant would be ideal in these intensely busy times! Photos of my paintings are lined up around my floor and I am getting to see a mini preview of the work I have done in the past year.The paintings are already in the Sedona gallery. I'm looking forward to seeing them hanging in a large space. I'm happy with the way color passages and textures are evolving in the work. It's going to be interesting to see the paintings displayed in the crisp desert light of day.

There's lots of shows around DC that I'd like to see but they will have to wait until I get back. In the meantime, my studio is calling to me and first things first.

Marchand programs funded in part by the DC Commission on the Arts and Humanities, an agency funded in part by the National Endowment of the Arts
Marchand Website

No comments:

Post a Comment