Friday, May 04, 2007

Big Night Tonight In The DC Area

with all the wonderful art openings. I hiked up to Farragut West to take the Blue Line Metro to Artomatic. Walking and commuting time got me there in a little less than an hour. The train had a few jumps and starts as we waited at each stop. Hmmmm....my auto is looking better for the next visit. When I arrived at 2121 Crystal Drive there were two great volunteer artists at the desk ready with maps and helpful information about the night’s events especially how to find a particular artist. I would have been lost without them. The exhibition space is divided into zones - blue, red, yellow. With a map in hand, I went looking for Artomatic found object artist, Chuck Baxter. I spent an hour + on the 6th floor meandering through the art exhibitions. It was early and I missed a lot of the artists who were just beginning to arrive with interesting Hors d'oeuvres and beverages. Tonight was Meet The Artists Night and I did meet up with a few artist friends and took some pictures of the artists work that I missed. I had too little time and so much art to see. I finally caught up with Chuck Baxter who took me for a glimpse of the 8th floor before I left the building and my metro ride back to DC. The space on the 8th floor is a great open place to exhibit art. I saw a mural in progress along one of the walls. That's another day's adventure for me. Hope you enjoy your visit and my night's pics!

Ellyn Weiss opening Fortune Cookies, May 11, 6 - 8:30pm at Touchstone Gallery



Sondra Arkin
Color: Field Tests - New Work, Artist Talk on May 6, 2-4 pm at Nevin Kelly Gallery




Sharon Burton of Authentic Art Consulting


Marcie and David Wolf-Hubbard



Chuck Baxter
Mid City Artists Open Studios on May 19 & 20.


Rima Schulkind, opening Grounded, May 11 at Touchstone Gallery


Zinnia and Sheila Rotner

Joan Konkel

See you again real soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment