Sunday, November 27, 2011

Intersections: Where Art Meets Science

Intersections: Where Art Meets Science 
Works created by Montgomery College faculty from all three campuses to celebrate the opening of the College's Science Center at the Rockville Campus.
November 30 - December 21, 2011
Artist Reception: Saturday, December 3. 5:30 -7:30 pm 

Jorge Bernal Encaustic - Terrace Gallery 2nd Floor
December 02 - January 30, 2012
My artwork explores the realms and depths of my dreams, beliefs, spirituality and my daily life journey. These paintings represent personal archetypes communicated through historical, architectural and mythological symbolism. My goal is for a story to unfold through layered abstractions. I consider myself an abstract expressionist artist. Color is the most relevant element for me, inspired by Rothko, but also by Gottlieb. Form and geometric shapes are essential, inspired by Kandinsky. Architectural imagery helps me create a visual story honoring what is often perceived as ordinary in our day-to-day lives. The art I create is not meant to be literally narrative. It is left open to individual's interpretation and, hopefully, self-discover what is hidden or, conversely, only partially revealed. In art as in life, is not so much what is said, but what is not. I consider my work visual conversations about life, the meaning of spirit, God and faith. Jorge Bernal's website

BlackRock Center for the Arts  
12901 Town Commons Drive
Germantown, Maryland 20874
301.528.2260

No comments:

Post a Comment